Since this was her 3rd year in preschool, thanks to her October birthday, we decided to add something new. Two of her friends take a ballet/tap class so we signed Maggie up for it too. She had her first day this week. I loved dance growing up and hope that she has a fun time. I had to pull her hair back and she kept telling me how a real ballerina has it and wanted me to do it just so. We are growing her bangs out so it is hard to get them to do anything and with her baby fine hair it was impossible to get it to stay in even with gel and hair spray. Oh well, she was happy with it. As we were getting her dressed It was so nostalgic for me as I remembered my dance classes as a child.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
First day of school and dance
The summer flew by and I can't believe it is time for school to start. Maggie and I were both ready. For weeks she has been asking when she gets to go back to her preschool, Flutterbugs. We love her teacher Mrs. Smith. This year Maggie wouldn't let me taker her picture with her teacher. In fact I was lucky to get her to take this first day of School picture. I can't believe next year she will be starting Kindergarten. I am so glad to have one more year with her and Flutterbugs. I am excited to give Max some one on one time and when he naps to have a little time to reclaim my garden and yard from all the weeds that have taken over. We haven't spent much time outside due to mosquitoes 9see the two band-aids on Maggie's left arm. She is so allergic that she swells huge with them and they last for weeks. Funny as that is just how I was as a kid.
On the way home I asked her if she had fun (as that is the whole reason for me to put her in dance), she said..."Yes mom, but it is hard". Yup dance is hard and when you are 4 almost 5 it is even harder to learn to listen, follow directions, and get your little body to move the way you want it to. Sometimes having fun is hard work! I love going and watching them, it is a blast! Her teacher is so patient that is all I have to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment