Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dress Myself

Maggie has always had a thing for shoes. When people come to the house and take off their shoes it isn't long before Maggie is trying them on. Sometimes she will take the shoes off their feet and walk around the house in them. Her Aunt Carolyn bought her a pair of pink cowgirl boots and Maggie puts them on by herself(most of the time on the right feet) at least once a day. The newest thing in the fashion world of Maggie is to dress herself. Everyday I find her somewhere in the house going through clean and dirty laundry looking for something to put on, sometime over her clothes. She has been working on putting her clothes on by herself for a few months now but it has now branched out to our clothes. One of her favorite things to do is to take her red bib and pull it down around her waist and run around the house. I think she thinks it is a skirt but it ends up looking like a loin cloth when all she has on is a diaper. This week she found our dirty clothes basket. I was getting ready one morning in the bathroom and she was playing with my shoes as usual. I turned around to check on her and she had Mike's underwear on and was pulling it up. I couldn't stop laughing as she had put it on right (leg in each hole) and it came up to her arm pits. She had the biggest grin, and was so proud of herself. I was so happy I had the camera in the bathroom that day. Mag's proceeded to take off the underwear and put on my shirt getting her head almost through the arm hole looking like a Muslim. It went on and on, let's just say that she went through a lot of our dirty clothes that day and had a blast trying to get them on while I watched and laughed. She is getting so big and independent I know the day is just around the corner when I will hear ... " No mom, I dress myself".

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a cutie she is! Love the pink cowboy boots. For some reason I can totally see Carolyn giving them to her. What is Carolyn up to anyway?