Well, last Sunday I came home from work and Mike had a big smile on his face. He said "go see what I did." There our daughter was laying in her new toddler bed (AKA her crib missing a side). Maggie was so excited she could not wait to show me. I was very surprised
as we had talked just days earlier about waiting until we got back from Utah in a few weeks to do this thinking it would make the trip easier. But after a few bad nights he was ready to try anything. Maggie has LOVED it. She is so good and has only fell out a few times. I guess the first night before I got home from work she asked for some water and Mike told her to stay in the bed while he went and got it. She was a the top of the stairs when he came back. Mike in a stern voice told her that she had to stay in her bed when she was told or he would put the side back on and she would have to sleep in the crib again. Well that has worked as she doesn't get out by herself unless we say she can (just waiting for that to wear off). She loves getting into her own bed and reading books in there. I just can't believe how fast she is growing up. Next big step....the Potty (heaven help me)!Last week I got my first "No mom, I don't like you!" It was in the middle of the night and if I wasn't so tired I may have cried myself to sleep. The sad part is she is only two and it is just the beginning. She had had a very hard week. It was tantrum city at our house. Mag's was on time out more in one week then she had been in her whole life. It was kind of funny (now that I look back) as there were times the timer would go off and I would go to get her off and she didn't want off. SO she would sit there thinking, maybe that she was punishing me by staying there. Oh the joys of motherhood. It was the first time in her two little years that I didn't feel guilty or sad to go to work for a few days. Here you go Mike! Have fun! Of coarse she was great for him with only a few tantrums. *@%**@! Well, I guess she will always be a daddy's girl. I'm glad to say though that our sweet little bossy two year old is back to being herself. Thanks heavens!

2 comments:
She is getting so big! I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!
Hang in there...it will get better. My 18 month old is just starting with the tantrums. She head butts things (the wall, me, her high chair tray). Lovely, I know! My first would make her self throw up or throw herself on the ground and do the "wet noodle" so I couldn't pick her up. Believe it or not, most kids go to kindergarten and are pretty normal!
Post a Comment