Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fruits of my labors

I got to see the fruits of my labors last night. Mike and I went to see The Wizard of Oz by the high school (I helped sew costumes- see previouse blog). The kids did a great job! It really was wonderful. It sold out last night and I'm sure it will be tonight as they were already almost gone last night. Mike was cute last night. He turned to me and said "wow someone did a great job on all those green pants" and then made other comments about all the things I had helped make. It was so much fun to see it all come together over the last month but boy are we glad it is done as of tonight. Really I haven't done to much but I have been dreaming of the Wizard of Oz all week. (ok that is kind of funny considering Dorthy was dreaming of it).

Mike was glad that Sherri (my sister-in-law and Christina's mom) got back into town. He was kind of tired of being a single dad at night. He never complains though. After seeing the play I asked him if it was worth it and he just smiled and said nothing. That's Mike code for I know you want me to say yes but no not really. Mike told Christina that she not only needs to thank me and Sherri (which they did in the program) but my mom for teaching me how to sew. Thanks MOM! I know I wasn't the happiest/easiest one to teach but I am so greatful now. I hope to add pictures soon once I get them from Christina. Last night we told Christina after the play we were so proud of her and all the work she did as lead costume person so we got her somethings....Sewing lessons! (She happily declined)
Well, we're off to see the Wizard.....maybe he can help us find our next baby!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Since I can say "been there, done that" I wanted to say congratulations and good job! Christina really owes you guys big and I'm glad the school thanked you in the program. Costumes for a little play is a big and hard task butt what you guys had to do was extreme and I just wanted to let you know there are those out there who understand and appreciate that! :)

lishajeanne said...

Hooray for being done! Cute blog!