This weekend was the second annual boys weekend (wait, I need to come up with a better name like ...... Peter Pan weekend.. yah I like that.) Peter Pan weekend at our house. Mike's four brothers and his dad all got to come this year. Dad (Les), Kevin, Danny, and Paul all arrived late Thursday evening and stayed up late just talking. Friday they went to the park and played tag football, even Dad played although Maggie and I didn't get there in time to see him and get photos.
Les went with Maggie, Fox, and I for a walk to the toys so Maggie could show Grandpa how she can slide.
After filling them to the brim with lunch they took off to the airport to pick up Dave who flew in Friday Afternoon. They had big plans to hit the best buffet in Denver area (no I'm not talking Chuck-o-rama) Cinzetti's Italian Bistro in Thornton. Unfortunately we didn't realize that they don't open for dinner on Friday until 5pm and the Rockies Baseball game started at 6pm. So dinner at Texas Roadhouse instead and then off to the Rockies vs. Cardinals Game.
I am happy to report the Rockies won that game in the end. Saturday was full of shooting guns out at the range, going to a movie, watching movies, and then to top if off... Pizza and a BYU football game. I was shocked at how little they played Wii this year as they stayed up late every night last year. Sunday morning everyone hugged and took off. I felt and saw the same closeness after the weekend as we had after the cruise. I was very touched on Friday when Mike was feeling so rough (he got sick on Tuesday and wasn't feeling good at all that day but really wanted to go to the game). I came downstairs and his brothers and dad were giving him a priesthood blessing. I feel so blessed to have such great brothers and father in law and feel it a great pleasure to serve them by giving them this time together.
My only wish this weekend would have been that Mike wouldn't have gotten sick as Maggie ended up getting sick Saturday and I started coming down with it on Sunday morning. So I just hope that I kept everything clean enough with Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer that none of them got it. I was good until Maggie got sick and kept coughing and sneezing in my face (the joys of parenting).Thanks to all my sister-in-laws for letting their husbands come and get away. I know that this weekend is hard and a big sacrifice on all of us. I hope that you see that it is worth it, I do. Although I think we all deserve a spa day full of pampering don't you? Maybe I will have to make that a part of the deal...that they have to promise to send us to a spa. Why stop there how, about a girls weekend...in Hawaii? A girl can dream.

2 comments:
Thanks so much for hosting it Mary! Kevin LOVED being able to spend this time with his brothers. I loved being able to see the pictures of them all having such a good time together. I'm sure it's fun to witness it first-hand, but a LOT of work on your part. Thanks for everything!
You are awesome! I wish my house was big enough to do this! Ry had so much fun on his bday with his brothers.
So when is it our turn? I need some time away. Hawaii you say? Sign me up!
Post a Comment