Maggie loves candy canes. She will pick them over any other candy any day of the week. When Wal-mart had all their Christmas stuff 75% off I got a box of the mini candy canes (portion controlled from Miss Moo) for a $1.00. I wish I would have bought more when I found this cute candy cane heart sucker idea on the blog/website: Skip To My Lou. They were so easy and so cute. The hardest part was unwrapping all the candy canes. Maggie helped take them out of the wrappers and place them on the cookie sheet (I helped make sure they were touching to make the heart shape). It took 15 min start to finish and now I have a very cute treat for her friends at preschool and playgroup. Oh how I wish I was creative like those girls, but I can sure pretend. You have to try it!
Check it out at http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/01/21/candy-cane-hearts/
Directions:mini candy canes unwrapped
sucker sticks (by the cake decorating area at hobby stores or Wal-Mart)
parchment paper lined cookie sheet
place two candy canes together to make heart shape leave room below for the sticks.

Place in a 300 degree oven for about 5 min. until candy canes start to melt.

Remove from oven and place stick at base. Pinch candy canes around the stick (mom's only). The candy canes and pan will be hot so be very careful! Let cool and there you have it.

I also put chocolate and sprinkles in the middle of one and crushed candy cane in an other. It turned out cute. One idea was also to dip in chocolate. Since I was making these for kids didn't do that due to mess but yummy!
It was a cute fun activity to do on a snowy day.

maggie was in heaven, a sucker and a candy cane her two favorite things.

Maggie shows off her loot from her preschool Valentine party. She felt the love!
6 comments:
Too cute Marianne! What a great idea. Now if only I had bought candy canes on sale, darn it. Well, at least now I know for next year. Thanks for sharing!
Sorry I spelled your name wrong! My best friend growing up was marianne, so it's habit!
So cute! Hey about your goal...do you have a pack n play to stick in that corner too? Just wondering.
Lish
natalie, Don't worry about it. That is how my mom wanted to spell my name but got vetoed by the rest of the family so secretly that is right!
Lish Yes We have a pack and play or we can set up the crib what ever you want. Can't wait to see you!!!!!
Mary! I miss reading about your life! I hope all is well=)
Sorry natalie, My life has been a zoo the last two months. My mom is coming out this weekend and I hope to get a few hours to myself to catchup.
Post a Comment