Thursday, February 4, 2010
Sick and Throbbing
We haven't had the best of day today. Maggie has been sick for the last few days and didn't sleep last night unless Mike or I were holding her or rubbing her stomach. At 4:30 am I gave up and called in sick for work. Little did I know that being tired wouldn't be my biggest problems. While holding and rocking Maggie in the wee hours of the morning, my tooth started to throb and ache. This is a tooth that has had a crown on it for at least 8 years, and I had an appointment on Monday to get it checked. Since I wasn't working, I called this morning and the dentist was able to fit me in. I guess I am glad as it turns out that I needed a root canal and a new crown. Man, why don't crowns come with a warranty. It's bad enough I had to pay for it but two hours in the dental chair is worst! I have never liked the dentist. I think it comes from a childhood full of dental visits and cavities. My dentist filled my teeth full and deep so now they are falling apart. Thanks Dr. Brown and genetics. I say genetics as I brush, floss, and rinse almost every day; Mike hardly ever flosses and only has a few cavities - so not fair. So now Maggie and I both are hangin on the couch wishing we felt better and were out playing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds so miserable! I hate the dentist, and I can't imagine a much worse scenario than the one you just described. Up all night with a sick baby, then off to the dentist? I am so sorry it's been so rough!
Post a Comment