Dear Maggie,
Today at church we were in the bathroom and you asked me to help you wipe your bottom, because as you put it, "that's your job and sometimes big girls needed help doing that." You then asked as I was going to the bathroom if you could wipe my bottom, which I replied a quick, No, I don't need that help. Chuckling to myself I told you that someday I would be very big and old and then I may need you to do this. I asked if you would do this, would this be your job? You said " yes mommy, cause sometimes big girls need that." I just smiled, laughed, and hoped, like all parents, that that day never would come but knowing it very well will. The song the Circle of Life from Lion King came flooding into my mind making me smile even bigger. So dear sweet Maggie, I promise to be a little more gentle when wiping your bottom, a little more understanding about your accidents, and a little less frustrated about the whole bathroom thing as you someday will be me and I will be you.
Love mom
P.S. I will hold you to this promise!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA tapanyaaaaaaaaaaaa....
Post a Comment