It is times like these that I am reminded why I am grateful for the gospel in my life. It helps me when I loose someone to know that I will see them again and that this life isn't the end but only the beginning. The gospel gives me purpose especially in hard times, by knowing that there is purpose in everything even if I can't see it. It helps me with choices in my life that may seem harmless as drinking that first bottle of beer but can end with a life of heartache and pain. Our Father in Heaven loves us so much, He gives us rules and laws to help guide us and keep us away from sorrow that can be caused by bad choices. He also loves us so much that He gives us our agency to make those choices, but we have to be accountable and go through the sorrow and pain that those choices cause. This doesn't mean He doesn't love us, just the opposite. Taking care of a three year old has proven this to me. It is hard to see her struggle to do things that would be easier for me to do for her instead. I know however that she needs to learn these things and the joy I get from seeing her light up when she figures things out is priceless.
Somedays when there is so much pain in the world and in our lives, so much anger and hatred, it is hard to see and feel the love of our Heavenly Father. He is however there watching over us like an anxious parent just waiting for His child to turn to Him for comfort. We just have to turn to Him and He will be there.
Good-bye Brenda. Thanks for having such an amazing daughter.

No comments:
Post a Comment