
Maggie and I had a Mommy and Me movie day. We left dad at home and we went to see the Princess and the Frog with our friends Linnaea and her daughter Gracie. It was fun to have just us girls. I bought popcorn and a drink (just to make it special - We never buy snacks at the movie) and the girls sat sharing the popcorn and pop so nicely with only a few outcries of "she's drinking it all". I think they were more into the popcorn and pop then watching the movie. At the end Gracie cried out "let's do it again!" and both of them got mad when we explained we had to leave that it isn't like a DVD. Linnaea and I decided that this summer if there is a kids movie appropriate for them we will go to the drive-in together. I'm so happy that Maggie has some good little friends. As for the movies, it was cute but Maggie was a little scared by the Voodoo parts. They could have tamed those down just a little. I'm sure now that she has seen this movie there is no way we are going to get her light off in her room as you see the shadows of a room turn into spirit/ghosts. Thanks Disney.

Maggie and Gracie

Maggie and Mommy

Gracie & Linnaea
2 comments:
What a fun little afternoon out! Sorry about the scary parts though. We had the same experience with UP. I thought it was super cute, but my boys were a little scared by the mean dogs. Thanks for the warning on this one. It does seem like kids movies often have villains who are too over the top. Why is that? It just seems so unnecessary.
I agree. There is so much in the world that is scary that it would be nice if the kids movies weren't. I mean Voodoo is scary anyway. I just kept saying remember this is just pretend and he is the bad guy. Maggie fell asleep in Up at the Movie theater, but having a big dog and being a round dogs her whole life she loves that show and isn't scare of dogs at all. Oh wait just little white ones that jump up on her!
Post a Comment