What better way to celebrate our 14 year Anniversary than with Cheese, Chocolate, and my main squeeze (Oh did I mention Chocolate?). We don't always get to do something for our anniversary as it is hard being so close to Christmas. We both love the Melting Pot restaurant, Me for the obvious choice (chocolate fondue), so we decided to go there for dinner. We had a very yummy dinner and laughed as it has been two months with two kids and we had forgotten how quiet and warm dinner can be when you aren't having to blow on this or cut that for one child while the other is trying to keep the baby happy or feed. It was very nice and a much needed date. Date that is the right word for when two people go out together right? It has been a long time I almost forgot. wink- It was nice to talk just one on one and we of course had a little fun.
The dessert was, as always, the best part. Yummy, it makes me want to go back right now just for desert. There is nothing like dipping food in warm milky chocolate. I have often thought how it would be to dip myself in chocolate. I have seen in some spas they have a chocolate bath as a spa treatment. Hmmmmm I think I would be all for that one! I may just have to find one of those for next year! wink!!
| Smore fondue: Milk chocolate, marshmallows, and gram crackers.. YUMMO! |
We laughed and talked about our past anniversary's or the lack there of and what our favorites have been. One of our favorites was Four years ago we had a blizzard and ended up shoveling 3-4 feet of snow while Maggie sat in her car seat by the front door so we could check on her every so often.
| This was the morning after. It is hard to see but the snow piles are to the handle on the shovel. |
We laughed and shoveled the snow, had a snow ball fight and then warmed up with a nice homemade stake and potato dinner. We were sad at first that we didn't get to go out but now it is a great memory. We went to the melting pot two years ago too but Mike was on call so we couldn't sit and enjoy it as he had to get back home to work. One nice thing was that his boss found out the day before and paid for our dinner. How nice of him (melting pot isn't cheap- that's what makes it special).
It feels like Mike has always been a part of my life, like we have been together forever (not in a bad way). I know I can count on him for anything even when he doesn't really want to do it. He helps with the kids and around the house. He understands when I am feeling overwhelmed and just need to "veg" and regroup. I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful husband, father, and best friend.
Here's to us Honey!
Fourteen Years and still going strong.
| Wedding Ring/Hand pose by the dessert plate. |
marriage

No comments:
Post a Comment