Wednesday, December 8, 2010

puttin up the tree

Getting back from Utah a week after Thanksgiving made me feel so far behind.  Maggie has been asking since we were in Utah when we were going to put up our tree.  Today is the day.  Maggie was so helpful.  Our tree is 13 years old and takes forever to set up and that doesn't include the lights.  Maggie was in it for the long haul. When it got to the point that she couldn't reach she asked Mike to help her out by lifting her up and over the branches.

  She was so excited to put the top on and wanted to decorate it right away.  She didn't think it looked like a tree (which it didn't) until we added the top.



I hurriedly threw on the lights only to discover that two strands were out.  What?!!  This was the first time that I didn't check the lights before I put them on. What was I thinking!!  After searching for 15 min for the problem, I gave up and just added a new strand on top of them.  I was tired by the end and ready to get Maggie to bed so we decided to decorate it the next day much to Maggie's dismay.

I am always so surprised at how good Maggie is at things that I think are above her age.  She was so careful at putting on the decorations especially the breakable ones.  It turned out pretty good and of course we had to have the annual Maggie put the Angel on the top moment.  (Wondering how we will do this now that we have two kids- take turns maybe?)
We not only had our big fancy tree but a new small little tree to put our family ornaments on.  It is a Larson family tradition to get a Christmas Ornament each year from Grandma and we started it with Maggie too.  I thought it would take a while but this little tree was covered! I think I may have to start looking for a new big tree next year.  So where is Max in all of this you may be wondering.  He is asleep.  We never would have got it done if he hadn't been.

Funny I guess I didn't get a picture of us next to the trees this year.  Don't know how that happened, but you can see it in all their glory in the Christmas post. 

No comments: