Ever since the Timpanogos Temple was announce I wanted to get married there. I Love the big beautiful mountain it is named after and couldn't wait for it to be finished. I had planned out my life and knew that this temple was an important part of my life. Unfortunately things don’t always go as planned and we weren’t able to be married in that temple due to Mike’s mom’s allergies. I was sad but got over it and didn't really think much more about it, though I still love that temple.
Fast forward 14 ½ years later. We chose to have Max sealed to us in Utah as it was hard for our family to come to Colorado. We Choose The Timpanogos Temple as it is a central location for all of our family. We had been talking about the temple with Maggie for the last month and she was as excited as we were.
Mike and I walked into the celestial Room and I was overwhelmed by the spirit and my feelings. It wasn’t until that moment that I realized that this was the reason the temple was going to be special to me. It was like we had come full circle. I had spent many days in that room pouring my heart out for the chance to be a mother. I had been told no and not yet many times in that room. It was in that room that our journey to Colorado started with a very direct answer to prayers that led us on the path to our children. My heart was full and I knew that God lived and guided our lives. We walked into the sealing room to see the smiling faces of our family and friends. How happy I felt. Then it was time for Max and Maggie to join us. They had Mike and I go to the door and open it up. There standing in the hall were our two little angels all dressed in white. WOW! There is nothing like being in the temple and seeing your child dressed all in white with a big smile on their face. It was breathtaking. Max was perfect. Most kids at that age don’t want to hold still, but it was as if he knew the importance of it. I was worried he was going to do his Tarzan yell during the ceremony but instead he was quiet as a church mouse and just took it all in looking at the sealer as if he know what was going on. It was beautiful.
I was so happy and grateful to our family and friends who could come share this day with us.
| My best friend Lisha come from Idaho to be there. Her husband Ryan took all the pictures for us. |
We were blessed to have Max’s birth Aunt (Chelly’s sister) Connie there. It was almost as good as having Chelly there.
It was a beautiful day to become a forever family and we were so excited to be able to go outside and take pictures. We weren’t able to do this at the Denver Temple with Maggie so I was so excited we could there.
| 'When you touch the temple the temple touches you" Pres. Monson |
| Lead me, guide me, Walk beside me. Help me find the way. |
How blessed we are to have two amazing children through the gift and miracle of adoption.
Our Family Is Forever

No comments:
Post a Comment