Saturday, October 1, 2011

Max turns 1

I can't believe Max is 1 today.  In some ways it feels like he was just born and others if feels like he has always been here.  It has been so fun and challenging to watching him grow and develop into the crazy little monkey he is.





I call him my little monkey boy for many reasons.  Monkeys are so cute and sweet looking, you just want to hug them.  They are fun to watch, but if they get mad plug your ears as they can screech like crazy.  Monkeys are very smart and curious, they can get into lots of mischief.  Last but not least, they can climb anything. Just replace the word monkey with Max and that is him to a tee. 

Max has accomplished everything that a 1 year old should accomplish.  He is ahead on his teeth and height and is the fastest ninja crawler in this side of the Mississippi.  Maggie keeps saying he needs to walk because one of our friends little girls has been walking.  I reminded her that once he can walk, nothing will be safe including her stuff.  She and I both think he can wait on the walking things.  ha ha ha


Max woke up this  morning and we sang happy birthday to him as a family.  He just smiled at us and looked clueless!  For Max's birthday I took Max, Maggie and her friend Miranda to Denver to met Chelly at the Zoo.  We had a nice day at the zoo.  It is so much funner when it isn't 90 degrees.  Chelly got a work out caring Max around the Zoo. She laughed thinking back to last year and how uncomfortable she was and how hard it was to carry him then too.  We got to see some of the animals and ate blue cotton candy (the reason for our blue tounges) Max didn't like the feel of it.  





I was excited for Chelly to see how much Max loved the carousel like he did at a Disneyland.  He was fine till it started then Maggie and him both were scared.  He kept reaching for me and Maggie wanted me too.  Netx time we will have to put them next to each other not behind.




We laughed when Mike reminded us that he, Maggie and my sister Carolyn went to the zoo last year and Chelly and I were to meet them there but Max decided to make it his birthday instead.  I guess we were meant to got to the Zoo.

We came home and had dinner with Mike and aunt Sherri after the zoo and then the present fest began.  Can you say spoiled!!!


 +

It looked like Christmas morning in our family room.  Maggie had a blast opening Max's presents for him.  He liked the boxes and the paper but just didn't get the idea of ripping the paper and such.


He also was tired and still not up to pare. Max got lots of new toys and clothes.  He will be the best dressed little boy at church is all I have to say as Chelly got him two more suits.  So cute!    Goodwill is going to love us next month when we get rid of toys to make way for all the toys Max and Maggie (her birthday being in two weeks) get.

Then came cake time.

I just love this Monkey cake even though I had to go to three stores to find everything I needed for it. 

I was so excited as Max loves chocolate cake and ice cream.  I just knew he would love it.  How sad I was when he just looked at it.  I knew he didn't feel good when it took 5 min for him to really even take a lick of the ice-cream.  He didn't disappoint though with the ice cream and got very messy!  Just like he should.








  My parents were on the computer on skype and got to join us for the fun.  Can I just say, I love skype, I love being able to share the day like they are right here.  It makes my parents feel not so far away.

What a great day.  The only thing I would have changed is that my little monkey was feeling better.  It isn't fair to not feel good on your birthday.  I am so glad that Chelly could come celebrate with us as with out her there would be no Max  to celebrate! 


Happy 1st Birthday our little monkey boy!!

1 comment:

lishajeanne said...

So cute! Looks like you had a great party and tons of fun celebrating his birthday. I love the monkey cake! Your baby is 1! How fun is that? Time flies when you have kids right?