Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Merry Christmas Louder!"

Ok, So I I thought I had posted this but only saved a draft so, I back dated it.

What a fun Christmas we had. Maggie was so excited that when Mike went into get her in the morning he said Merry Christmas and Maggie's quick response was "Presents!" It was so much fun watching her rip the paper off and have to get each little piece off till she reacted to the gift. I got a new cool digital camera which I love!!! I surprised Mike with a 220 rifle. He was very surprised and happy. My brother got a shot gun so they thought it would be funny to take a redneck picture. It was way to funny. Yes, that is a stuffed squirrel!
The day after Christmas we had fun when Rheid, Sherri, Mike, Maggie, and I went out in the cold to the grass lands and went shooting. Funny how we could be outside shooting targets and leftover computer parts left by others, when our family in Utah was stuck in feet of snow.
We taught Maggie how Christmas was Christs birthday and she wanted candles to blow out (no longer scared of them). So, we put candles in our pie and sang happy birthday to Jesus. What a great way to end that special day!

The title of this blog is from Maggie. My sister Carolyn wanted Maggie to leave a message on her phone saying Merry Christmas. We called and Maggie said Merry Christmas but very softly so I said " say Merry Christmas, louder" . So my sisters message is Maggie saying ..."Merry Christmas Louder" Needless to say she loved it!

2 comments:

Jessica Harrrison said...

Hi Mary Anne! Maggie is so adorable and so grown up. You'll have to check out my blog at powellnjessica.blogspot.com

lishajeanne said...

How fun! I am glad you had a great Christmas! We missed seeing you guys. One tradition we had to break sadly, when we moved away.