Thursday, June 4, 2009

$20 soybean

How do you fit a soy bean into your nose? Maggie can tell you.
First, pick up the soy bean and act like you are going to eat it. When no one is watching push it into your nose. Then use your pointer finger to really jam it up there.

Yes, we had our first foreign object in our nose or any body part for that matter. Me were having dinner when Grandma told Mags not to put the pea in her nose. Little did we know that would have been the second one. Later that evening she was saying she had a boogie and I looked in her nose with a flash light only to see a small fleck of green far up in there. OH Great! To late to go to the doctor and I was not going to go to the ER for a pea in her nose. We tried to smash it by pushing on her nose. That didn't work. We tried to pull it out - man a two year old can be strong when they are full of adrenaline. It was to far up there to get it out and I was afraid that I might push it up further. So we tried saline spray in the other nose. No luck. We finally gave up and since it wasn't making it hard to breath anymore than a cold would we left it alone till the morning thinking that it would shrivel up and fall out .

The next day the pea looked like it had come down some but after the night of trying to get it out Maggie wouldn't let us try again. So, off to see Dr. Drysdale we go. He looked up her nose and thought that it would just come out by itself eventually, but after a little talking I asked if he would just try with some with some tweezers. So we held and comforted Maggie and out it came so quick Maggie couldn't get to upset and Grandma couldn't even get a picture. "Boy that is a huge pea" said Dr. Drysdale. I looked at it and the light went on, "Nope, that's not a pea. It's a soybean". We had peas and soybeans for dinner. No wonder it wouldn't squish or shrivel up.So thanks to Dr. Drysdale Maggie is Soybean Free, and can breath freely again (so can mom and dad). I hope this whole experience will make Mags think twice before putting anything else into her nose again, but I won't hold my breath.

1 comment:

Danny and Nicole Larson said...

Ha! I am so glad this doesn't just happen to us! Fun memories! I love Mags!