The last month Maggie decided that she doesn't like to sleep in her bed anymore. She will sneak in to our room in the middle of the night and lay on the floor or on Fox's Dog bed. The first night she did it, she freaked me out! I heard someone moving in our room (and it wasn't Fox). I got up out of bed and went to her room and she wasn't in her bed or room. "Maggie, were are you?" Out she comes from our room. I don't know how I missed her. The next night Mike almost stepped on her as he went to the bathroom. It goes on and on. We had nights it took 3 hours to get her to go to sleep. We tried going to the park to help her be tiered and we tried taking away her privileges of going to the park or Library. None of which helped (big surprise she is two and a half). We tried to talk to her about being scared and that she was safe in her room.
One Night I just let her stay up as long as she would. Mike went to bed and I just cleaned the house and she stayed up with me. At 10:30pm she asked if I was going to go to bed. I said if she was ready to go to bed in her bed then we could go. Nope she said. At 11:30 she said she would go into her room to read books. The little stinker didn't go to bed until 12:30AM and still came into our room in the middle of the night. Oh the power struggles we have had. She is a very strong willed child and I am so scared of her being a teenager.
After about a week of it all and with Grandma and Grandpa coming we were done. She won for now. We put a blanket on the ground and told her that if she was scared she could come into our room and lay only on the blanket. This made the going to bed back to the old routine, and the fact that she would sleep in until after 8am was an added bonus. I have no idea what caused all of this. It happened over night. We did all the things the books say to help your child be a good sleeper, and she was.
So now grandma is gone, and the game is back on. We bought her a real big girl bed, but told her she had to sleep in her room in her big bed. We decided to get a good mattress so it would last. Only problem is it is too tall when it is in the stand. So we have it on the floor for now so she can get in and out of it. Maybe if it was higher she wouldn't be able to get down at night. (Hmmm that is a thought). Well the first night she came in once and I took her back. She slept until morning in her room and I left for work socked and happy. Mike said that in the morning she came into the room he opened his eyes and she looked at him and ran for her bed scared she was in trouble for coming out. I know it isn't over but it does look promising.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment