To Maggie on your Third Birthday,My sweet little girl I guess I can't call you my baby anymore as you have corrected me a lot lately that you aren't a baby but a big girl. As I watched you play with your little friends today I thought about how blessed I am to be your mother, and how I was chosen not just by God but by an other very special person in your life, your birth mom Kelsey.
I remember the first time I saw you and held you in my arms. You weren't even 12 hours old. I was so sad that I couldn't be there to see you come into the world. I had worked with new babies for 9 years and there are a few hours after a baby is born that you can truly see heaven in their eyes. After those hours you see the veil appear and the moment is gone. I so badly wanted to see that in your eyes. When Kelsey brought us into the room and handed you to us, I looked into your eyes for the first time and I saw heaven. I felt so much love for you and bonded to you at that very moment. I couldn't help but cry as I held you and took you all in. I couldn't believe that I was your mommy and that Heavenly Father had not just given me one great gift (you), but two - seeing heaven. I will never forget that moment for as long as I live. I knew in that moment that prayers are answered, that God loves us and has a plan for each of us, and that love has no bounds.
Happy Birthday my little miracle.

No comments:
Post a Comment