Friday, June 18, 2010

I Cried For You

Work has kind of sucked I mean stunk lately.  Just hasn't been bringing me the joy I normally feel helping new families care for their babies.  It has just made me wonder why and ask myself a lot of questions?   After a very bad few days I was much in need of so chocolate therapy or maybe even help from a professional, like Ben and Jerry  - Ha Ha I bet you thought I meant counseling, though that would have been a good idea.  Well, I have to admit I have been grumpy mommy lately due to these stresses of work and life.  I thought I would try to be the nice fun mom and let Maggie help me make brownies after family home evening the other day.  It was fun to just let Maggie stir the mix and not care that it was getting everywhere or getting really mixed together. While she stirred, Maggie was talking and we had  the sweetest moment I will never forget.  It touched my soul, lifted me up, and helped put my life back in perspective. We have been talking lately about babies as one of her little friends mom (also my friend) will be having a baby any day, so when Maggie saw a picture of a baby on the TV, she turned to me and said:

"Mom, When I was a baby in Kelsey's belly I cried for you to find me, ... because I love you."  
(oh so sweet, brought a tear to my eye)

"I cried for you too Sweetheart. I love you too and you know what? 
I loved you before you were born."

"I cried a long time Mom, like 5 year."

"Five Years?  Wow, that is a long time!  I'm so glad we found each other"  
(I cried for her for 8 years)

"Me too!"

Thank goodness Kelsey didn't have to be pregnant for 5 years.  Though to a baby all squished inside I'm sure 9 months feels like 5 years.  

I just love my sweet girl! She was so worth all the tears and heartache and the years of waiting.

My life is being a mom with brief moments of being a nurse, not the other way around!  

Thanks for the reminder Mags!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I loved this post Mary. What a really beautiful perspective. That picture of the two of you is so cute. She is one lucky little girl to have her cries answered by such loving parents. I really need to have more "brownie" moments with my boys where it's not about the end result as much as just enjoying them. Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to see you!