Well the turkey was floating in my sink yesterday and as I thought about how special the holidays were I realized that it is now my job to make them special. With a burst of holiday spirit, I found this idea online and threw together the cutest little Oreo/candy corn turkeys ever.

The Pumpkin cheese balls came from the same website, and boy were they cute and delicious. They were just that little something along with mom's rolls that made this Thanksgiving special. We celebrated it a day early as it is my turn to work Thanksgiving this year (for some reason women don't stop having babies on holidays). It was fun to share it with my brother Rheid, Sherri, Josh, and Christina. We went around the table saying what we were thankful for, we asked Maggie and she was thankful for Potatoes and Radishes. I miss the big long table at my parents with my whole family nosily around it and wished we could have all been together this year. Happy Thanksgiving.
With so much to be thankful for this year I don't know where to start. How about a list.
A warm house
Food on the table
Jobs to provide both of the above
A wonderful husband who when seeing me having a bad day can pick up the slack and give me a break.
A sweet little girl who loves to hear me make up silly songs for her and then tests my memory when she wants to hear them again and again and again.
A smart dog that thinks he is human but still loves me like only a dog can.
A wonderful and creative mother who always made holiday special - Now it's my turn and boy is it harder than it looks.
A father that gave me his German stubbornness but also his passion (both have their good and bad sides).
My Family, for there is nothing more important, wonderful, and sometimes frustrating in this life.
Wonderful In-Laws: to have two families that love you as their own is truly a miracle.
Kelsey, for she will always hold a very special and sacred place in my heart. Without her there would be no sweet Maggie.
Great Friends who understand that it isn't because I don't love them that I don't call.
Adoption for how the Sorrow and Love that brings together some of Gods greatest, for it is only they that can truly understand that adoption and family is about love. We meet as strangers but leave as family.
My life, for it is mine. A gift from a wonderful loving Father in Heaven that loves me and wants me to be the best I can be. He has given me everything I need, and the power to do it. The rest is up to me.
Happy Thanksgiving




No comments:
Post a Comment