Prologue- When we bought our house the one room that had color in it was the Winnie the Pooh room. The walls were painted with bright colors of the hundred acre woods including Pooh's house and all the characters. It wasn't exactly what I wanted for a nursery but being an adoptive mom I was kind of worried that we would get it all cute just the way I wanted it and then everything would fall through. Besides it was cute, so I went with it for the Nursery. Fast forward three years.
For those of you that didn't know, Maggie has not been the best sleeper the last 8 months. We have tried everything, changing beds, letting her just come into our room and sleep, sleeping with us in the bed, nightlights, sleeping with her at night in her bed, sound machine, routine at bedtime, even locking our door as she would freak out if her door was shut (also new). I have slept less at night the last 8 months then the first few months of her life and becoming the grumpy mommy.
A few weeks ago after Mags had been in bed awhile, we hear a blood curtailing frantic scream...."I'm Scared!" I run up as this was not her usual tring to get out of bed voice but sounded as though she was terrified. I get to her room and she looks at me and says, "The eyes, I'm scared of the eyes!"
The next morning Mike and I noticed something different about our room...no Maggie. Did you get up with her last night I asked? No, did you? NO! This hadn't happened in so long I had to go check and make sure she was still breathing (just like the first night she slept though the night). There she was, sound asleep and happy in her own bed. Was this a fluke? Well, three weeks later Maggie has only come into our room 1-2 times a night if she comes in at all (more like a normal child her age). Ok,this can't be a fluke! Time to pain the walls. I asked Mags if she would like to paint her room a new color. She was so excited and wanted purple with poka dots after I talked her out of Beauty and the Beast (if she's scared of Pooh I think the Beast wouldn't be a good idea).
Maggie loves her new purple room, we haven't got the poka dots done yet, but it feels bigger and more welcoming (you don't feel like you are being watched).
As we started to paint the walks Maggie waved, "Good-bye Pooh!" Yes, Good-bye Pooh Bear, old buddy! It's time to get rid of the scary eyes and mouths and get some much needed sleep.

1 comment:
That is so funny! I'm excited to see pictures of her new room=)
Post a Comment