Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Here Fishy Fishy...

We had so much fun last time we were in Utah fishing at the pond at Wasatch State Park that Maggie wanted to go back. We told Maggie we needed to do some yard work for grandpa and then we could go.  Mike and Maggie mowed the back lawn on the riding lawn mower.  Maggie thought that was cool but she had to wear headphones as it was too loud for her.  She gave me a thumbs up that she was having fun.
Mike and Mag's on Grandpa Fred's lawnmower.
After spending the morning helping Grandpa, we headed over with Tabitha and her husband and kids for a picnic.  I didn't get any pictures but we had a nice time talking and comparing stories and frustrations of life as a mother of a three year old. My mom just laughed and smiled, I'm sure remembering the days.  It was nice to know I wasn't alone in the struggles.    

After lunch Grandpa showed up and we did a little fishing.  Maggie wasn't into it as much this time as it was a little slow.  We got tons of bites but couldn't get them to stay on the hook.  I forgot how much I loved fishing.  It was so relaxing.  Just when all hope was lost and I was about to give up and take Maggie home for a much needed nap, He took the bait and swallowed it hook line and sinker.  I yelled for Maggie and she reeled in our fish.   
Now she wants her own pole at home.  I think we will be doing some shopping soon for fishing poles.

No comments: