I looked out the window and what did I see.... snowflakes falling on the apricot tree. Spring has brought us such a crazy surprise, the weather man was right and didn't lie. We can take an arm full and make a treat. A snowman so big it was really sweat. Could this really be? Yes, I think it's true, Snowman building instead of the Zoo.
I thought that we were done with this. Didn't I post the last snowman thing back in March? Well I guess mother nature didn't get the memo or had a little to much sun. It started snowing last night about 9pm as I was trying to find ways to cover my garden just encase. The weatherman said a winter storm warning, Yah right, it's May!! It has never snowed on Mike's birthday before (new memory for him). We had a blast playing in the extra wet snow and Maggie didn't want to go to school she was having so much fun.
My poor tulips, and spring trees that have been so beautiful the last week. Maggie and I went out on Monday to take pictures of them to send to our neighbor who just moved to CA. Here are the before and afters of our yard just encase you don't believe me that it snowed.
Maggie taking pictures in the front yard, short sleeves, green grass, and flowers.
Two days later winter coat, gloves, and galoshes shoveling the snow.
Beautiful Pink Crabeapple tree in the front yard. The city has been beautiful the last week with all the flowering trees.
Poor tree.
Look at our Peas grow!!! No after picture, they are still covered to protect the innocent tonight.
Beautiful spring flowers from our front yard.
A few survivors.
Had to pull these little guys out of the 2 inches of snow. I must say nice to have them inside.

No comments:
Post a Comment