Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!


 Mike is once again the same age as I am.
For five months I am a year older than him and for some reason he never lets me forget that.

The older I get the happier I am for May to come around.  I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband as Mike.  He truly is the love of my life and my sole mate.  He serves me and Maggie in so many ways and I know I take advantage of him way to much.   I am so grateful to have husband like him, even when he teases me.  

We celebrated the traditional way for Mike, eating out and having bunt cake. 


This bunk cake is his favorite cake and he has had it almost every year since he was 12 or 13. 

Cool candles this year, the flames are different colors thought you can't really see it.

For his birthday he bought himself a BIG TV (55 inches).  With all the bells and whistles.  He has been saving up his money from extra odd jobs to by it.  He proposed getting a bigger TV in January.  Since we did some remodeling of the family room a bigger TV would now fit.  He felt that he had to settle for the smaller one due to the space before.  I thought it was perfect but his sob story of having the smallest TV in the family, blah, blah, blah.....Well I said yes. When I said yes to his proposal of the bigger TV, I never would have thought he would get it this quick.  He sold stuff on-line, and computer jobs came out of the wood works.  I am starting to wonder if he had something to do with the big virus that hit a lot of computers this year.  Well, The big day came and the TV was delivered the day before his birthday.  When I saw the box I was very, very, very worried, It was huge!!!  I was second guessing everything. Luckily it was a little bit smaller than the box. (I mean a little).
He was a kid at Christmas but all I could do was shake my head.  Like we needed another TV.  I guess that is what I get for saying birthdays aren't for things you need, but for things you want.


Happy Birthday love of my life.


As a tribute to Mike, I thought I would post what I have said about Mike for Adoption websites:

I, Mary Anne, get to tell you about my wonderful husband, Mike.  When I met Mike, I didn’t need a man to do things for me.  I was fed up with guys; I had places to go, things to do, and I didn’t need a guy to get in my way.  Then in walks this blue eyed, dimple smiling, door opening guy who swept me off my feet.  I had never been treated with so much respect and dignity by a guy until I met him. Mike is a true gentleman in all ways.  He is caring, loving, gentle, giving, supportive, understanding, hardworking, and a great listener.  He helps me around the house, cooks, clean, helps with laundry, and caring for our daughter. 

As for being a dad, all I can say is amazing.  I always knew he would be a great, but he exceeded even my expectations.  He plays with our daughter Maggie all the time, reads her stories and sings to her.  I love to stand outside the door and just listen to him read to her, making up new silly stories to go along with her favorite books he has read a thousand times. 

Looks can be deceiving when it comes to Mike.  On the outside Mike looks like a serious, proper, well-behaved man; a quiet person, who doesn’t like to be the center of attention.  This is all true, however, if you look closely at his watch you will find it has Goofy on it and runs backwards.  I think this watch describes Mike to a tee. You have to look close to see the true goof ball that lies within.  Mike is sarcastic and loves to make jokes and have a fun time. 


Mike is the 4th of six kids (five boys and one girl).  He grew up jumping on the trampoline, playing GI Joe, and playing sports with his brothers.  This strong relationship continues even today, playing Wii, basketball, flag football, and going to baseball games when they get together.  Mike has always loved all sports, and is an avid sports fan especially for the Yankees and BYU.  We joke about if he hadn't of broken his arm/elbow when he was 13 he may have played for the Yankees as he was already an all star pitcher.  
        Mike's brothers and dad with him at a Rockies Game. Sept 2009

Mike loves gadgets and computers is about equal to that of sports.  He knows about all the new things on the market and he loves to take apart computers and fix them for others.  Mike is an IT support specialist (He fixes computer problems for computers all over the world from our very own family room).  We are so blessed that he gets to work from home allowing lots of family time. 

Mary Anne and Mike in Guatemala.  Jan. 2009
                                             
 Mike is my best friend, a wonderful husband, and a loving and caring father.  I never new what love really was until I met him and everyday I feel so blessed to have found him.  Most of all however, no matter what is going on in life, Mike builds me up and keeps me laughing.

No comments: