Wednesday, May 12, 2010

secret teller

One thing I hate about being a nurse is that you have to work holidays.  People don't stop having babies just because it's Mothers' day.  On the contrary this Mother's day we were bursting at the seams with moms and babies.  Kind of stinks to have to work mother's day now that I finally am one.  This is my mother's day moment this year.

The day before mother's day, after a long day at work, I returned home to find my beautiful little 3 year old in the tub.  She was so excited to see me she could hardly contain her self as she bursts out,  "Mom we got you a steamer!!!" Mike quickly shushes her (laughing as he does it- know we have no secrets in our home). Maggie starts to cry realizing she has given way the mother's day surprise. To comfort her I told her it was ok, I didn't hear her or know what she was talking about (ok I did but what is a mom to do when her daughter is crying in the tub). Through her tears she once again boldly says, "We got you a steamer."  With Mike and I tried so very hard not to laugh, as this only escalates her tears, all I could do was thank her and change the subject quickly to how the park was that day to help aid the situation.  Even now days later I think of her and laugh, not at her, but because of her.  I really needed to laugh that evening and just love how excited she was to give me a gift for Mother's day.  Oh the cute things she does and you know, it is really hard for a 3 year to keep a secret. 

Happy Mother's day to me.  I got a steamer mop just like I had asked, but more important and better yet, 
I was call.... Mom
Nothing tops that!

No comments: