Tuesday, August 24, 2010

School time

I can't believe that the summer is over.  Schools around here started so early this year.  I guess gone are the days that school starts in September when it is cooler.  Well Maggie started back to Pre-school  at Flutterbugs.
She was very excited but sad as they moved the school to a new home.  "I miss my old school mom." is what she said on the way to school today.  She has the same awesome teacher Mrs. "Sniff" (Smith- guess we need to work on those th's). But we are sad as her husband just got a job in Arizona and when their house sells she will be moving to be with him.  Not only are we losing a teacher, but a friend and ward member.    Mrs. Southam is going to take over if needed.  She is an assistant for now learning the gig and helping out.  The school is in her home.  Love her as we have a connection of both being adoptive moms. Maggie loves them both.
Mrs. Smith holding Maggie and Mrs. Southam
 I just wish it wasn't so far away.  It now take 20 mins both ways.  Maggie has such a hard time staying awake on the way home.  I forgot how  much pre-school wears her out.  Two hour naps are the norm on pre-school days.  It is awesome.  Hopefully we will work out a carpool making it a little easier on everyone. 

I was shocked at how quickly Maggie just bounced back into school and how much better she is at things this year.  I guess we did do somethings this summer to help her after all.  I thought she would have to relearn everything.  She loves to come home and finish what she didn't get done in school.  I couldn't believe how much better she is at cutting.  No Paper is safe in our house with her on the loose.  So bring in the new year of Flutterbugs. 

No comments: