Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spiders, Butterflies, and Tears

We got to spend another wonderfully fun day with Chelly today.  We again met in Denver and went to the butterfly pavilion.   I was so surprised at all the bugs they had.  We even got to get up close and personal to Rosie the tarantula.   

All three of us adults were so brave and held her and I was surprised by the way her weight was distributed and then redistributed as she walked.  It was very cool and scary all at the same time.    We got to see spiders, bees, sea stars, and cockroaches just to name a few.  Then it was time for Butterflies.  We walked into the big greenhouse time enclosure and it was beautiful; lush and green with butterflies everywhere you looked just floating in the air or feasting on the different tropical flowers.  

 


The only drawback was it was HOT and Humid; very humid which made it feel even hotter.   We could only handle a few minutes in there before we were ready to melt.  Poor Chelly really wanted to stay in there it was so nice but add the extra little furnace in her tummy and she just couldn’t do it for very long.  She was a butterfly whisperer thought as she could put her hand up to some of the butterflies and they would just crawl right on her hand.  It was very cool.    

We stayed for a little show about butterflies and learned that we shouldn’t have let Maggie touch the butterfly earlier, OPP’s.  I thought that was an old wise tale.  Sorry little butterfly.   
 Then they let about 50 new butterflies go.  It was their first time that they had flown in an open area so they would land on you.   

 Mike and I both got a hitch hiker.   Mike’s stayed on him clear till it was time to go find Chelly and we had put it up by a branch of plant and gently help in onto it. 
 I think he thought Mike’s shirt was a plant as it was green and had leaves on it.  We left our hitch hikers in the green house and headed out to find Chelly who was chillaxin waiting for us. 

We found a play area where kids could be bees and spiders and Maggie let off some more energy finally glad to play and not look at stuff.    
 Maggie was a busy little bee.
 Mike and Chelly had some time to just talk (I love that he feels so comfortable that I don’t have to help things along).  We had a blast and closed the place down. 
We left and had a very Yummy dinner at a Hibachi dinner place. Chelly had never been to one.  I was disappointed in the show but the food was to die for.  I would much rather it be that way then the other way around.

We hung out a park for a while (see port-o-potty story). Then it was finally time to go.  I hate that part.   Wanting to stay and just be together but knowing you have to go.  Chelly and I hugged and hugged and whispered to each other how glad we were for each other with the baby sandwiched between his two mothers, he went crazy moving all over!  I don’t know if he was jumping for joy (like my heart was) or if he was just squished, but I could feel him moving on my stomach and for a brief moment it was like he was in my womb.  I almost burst into tears as I had never felt “My” baby move on my stomach.  I felt Maggie move on Kelsey’s tummy but not wanting her to think we were only interested in the baby, I didn’t ask much to feel even though I could of just spent hours doing it.  I reluctantly let go and told them both I loved them.  
I smiled all the way home and looked at the scrapebook page with ultra sound pictures on it that Chelly had given us.  How precious.  Maggie was confused when we said it was pictures of the baby.  It is hard for an adult to see things in ultra sounds, but she has proudly showing other people and rehearsed what we have said though calling his boy parts, girly parts.  It was so sweet of Chelly.  She said that the tech gave her two copies, one for her and one for us!  When I got home I put it right up on the fridge and stared at him.  Between feeling him move and seeing the ultra sound on the fridge it started to sink in,  This was my SON.   This was the first time I had ever had an ultra sound on MY fridge.  I started crying as I told Mike, he just held me and let me cry.  Something so small seemed so HUGE!  I am thanking God for His tender mercy with small and simple miracles.   
 Our Son

1 comment:

Mike and Risa said...

What an awesome story auntie! I am SO happy for you and your little joy and your newest birth momma angel!