Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our Califonia Adventure - Day 3 -SeaWorld

Day Three we headed down to San Diego to go to Sea World.  Mike and I enjoyed Sea World in Florida years ago so we thought that it would be a fun nice relaxing day.

Max looking at the map to figure out where he wants to go next.
It was a little cold to start out and we were glad we had our jackets but the sun finally came out while we waited for Shamu to make his splash.







Maggie waiting for the Dolphin show to start.

 
 This is the finally of the Dolphin show.  I guess they had 9 of them all jumping at once.  I didn't see is as I was trying to keep Max and Maggie both from having a melt down.  Let's just say the show was a little long for them when you add getting there 15 min early to get a good seat.  I didn't even know this happened till I was going through the pictures and had to ask Mike about it. ( He took it).

 We decided to take a break from the shows and do some hands on fun.  I was so proud of Maggie as she was brave and touched the starfish in the pool.  The water was so very cold so she didn't want to do it at first.  She also helped feed the sea lions by holding a slimy dead fish.




 We were so glad we brought the baby carrier. Max hasn't been a fan of it but it worked great.  He took a much needed nap.

So cute and sweet!

We topped our day off by seeing Elmo and big bird.  Once again Maggie was disappointed that they didn't talk.  We did a few of the kiddie rides.  We should have done more of this and less shows as she was happy as a clam.  We didn't expect to spend the whole day there, but we did.  We head out at di



We didn't expect to spend the whole day there, but we did.  We head out at dinner time and quickly found a Tony Roma's Rib joint.  We have missed them as they aren't in Colorado.  Maggie was bound and determined to get ribs so we let her.  When they came she was all upset as she didn't like them,  "I only like your ribs mommy!"  Thanks Mags, that is a huge complement- I make better ribs then Tony!  Thankfully the waiter took the ribs back and brought some chicken nuggets.

No comments: