Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our Califonia Adventure - Day 2 -Disneyland

Disneyland - We finally made it!  We got there early and headed for some of our favorite rides.  As we made our way through the people I was surprised as how small Disneyland felt.  We were glad that there weren't tons of people and the lines weren't too bad.  We first came upon Pirates of the Caribbean.  Ok really?   You want to take the kids on this I thought?  Ok Maybe I should have spoke up more but thought that maybe with us with her, Maggie would be fine. Some people would take their kids on a nice ride like "It's a small world" or Peter Pan, or Dumbo for their first ride, no we took Maggie and Max's on their first Disneyland Ride on Pirates.  Let's just say the waterfall in the dark was over the top for her, but she made it!  What were we thinking taking our 7 month old and a 4year old who is scared of the dark, fire, and loud noises on this ride that is all in the dark.  From then on she asked on every ride, "Is this one scary?"   After that we headed to a more kid friendly ride of the Jungle Boat Ride.
Us on the Jungle boat ride.

Nicole and Danny and kids.
Maggie would tell people about us going to Disneyland  and they would tell her about three rides:  "It's a small world", Dumbo, and the tea cups.  Maggie was very excited about these three rides as she had heard so much about them. I felt bad as I didn't have the camera (was in Mike's pocket on Star tours) So we didn't get a picture of dumbo. 
Mike and Maggie on the Small world ride.
Maggie loved it and it was one of the rides she asked to go on again.

Us and Brayden in front of small World.
I love that Brayden is in these picture as he doesn't like to take pictures so these are two of the few he was in.

Tea Cup time.  Me, Maggie, Landon, and Brayden.



We ended the day with a ride on the Merry Go Round/Carousel.  Max absolutely LOVED IT.  Though I don't know what he loved more, the ride or licking the pole.



I just love this picture.  It is my Second favorite ( see my favorite on our last day).  A Girl and her princes Minnie Mouse in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle.  She was in heaven.

We headed back to the condo for some swimming.  I think Maggie loved this as much as Disneyland.



They are so much lighter in the pool. I had no problems holding both. No that is not a dead body in the background.



Max didn't really like the pool at first.  As long as I was holding him he was fine, but try to put him in a float toy and he was not happy.

After swimming and dinner we headed back to Disney for Fireworks.  We got great seats (well a great place to stand) as they had just roped off main street.


Maggie enjoying her sucker waiting for the fireworks.

Maggie, Max and Mike watching the fireworks.
The firework show was amazing.  Tinkerbell and Dumbo flew through the air with tons of fireworks going up all around them.  Max just stared in ahh.  Only problem was that the kids were so tired that they both fell asleep halfway through. Thank heaven for strollers.  I guess if you think about it, it was 10:30 our time.













No comments: