Friday, June 10, 2011

Our Califonia Adventure - Day 5 -Breakfast with Mickey/ Disneyland

M-I-C...K-E-Y....M-O-U-S-E!!!

Landon's Birthday was on Saturday but since we were headed home Saturday we celebrated on Friday.  We woke up early and headed over to one of the Disneyland Hotels to have breakfast with Mickey and Friends.  We were very excited as we hadn't really seen many character as we didn't want to wait in line when Maggie really didn't care.  She saw them in the parade and that was good enough.
We were seated and got some food.  Maggie is such a good eater but all she wanted was cereal. That was a very expensive bowl of cereal is all I have to say.  The food was delicious but seeing the kids interact with Mickey, Minnie, Daisy Duck, Stitch, and Pluto was priceless (but it did empty the pocket book).














Hangin 10 with stitch

Max's hand next to Stitch's



Happy Birthday Landon!
 After breakfast Mike and I and the kids headed back to Disneyland for a little time by our selves as a family.  We hit some of Maggie's favorite rides and picked up passes for Mike and I for later.


Mike and the kids shooting aliens on Toy Story ride.

Mary and Kids in a toon car in Toon Town.
 We had promised Maggie a Mickey hat and toy so we went shopping while in Toon Town.  We Found Maggie's right away - Princess Minnie ears to match her doll.  We thought about getting one for Max, but he didn't want anything to do with them.  Here are some pictures of the torture we put him though just trying them on.



Needless to say we didn't waist our money on Mickey ears for Max. The last thing we wanted to do was get a family photo by the sword in the stone and the castle. 
 .
After we were done, we took these cute pictures of Max hanging on to the sword.


Here's Maggie trying to pull it out.

 I love this picture of Max.  He is in Heaven holding on to the sword.  Only problem was when it was time to go he didn't want to let go.  Mike had a heck of a time getting him to let go.
We started to head back to the Condo as Maggie was tired of lines and rides and just wanted to swim.  Mike wanted to get one more fast pass for us for later that night, So he took Max and Maggie and I walked through Sleeping Beauty's Castle which was fun for her.  As we came out we went to meet Mike by the front of the castle and there right in front on the side was Cinderella.  The line was short only 5 kids. This was the first princess we had seen out and about.  I showed Maggie and asked her if she wanted to meet Cinderella. (her favorite princess).  "Does she talk mom?"  Yes she does, she isn't like Mickey and Minnie, she is a real live princess. "  Maggie was so excited I grabbed her hand and we ran to get in line.  Mike got there with Max just as it was our turn.  Cinderella talked to Maggie and was so sweet to her.  Maggie was just in awe.




 
Then she talked to Max who loved her white gloves and was all flirty and bashful in the same moment.  I was glad there wasn't very many people so we could have our few minutes and not feel too rushed.  I think this was my favorite memory of the whole trip.   This picture sums it up...

This is what dreams are made of!

No comments: