Maggie and Mike went through security ahead of me as I was getting the last things on the belt to go through the cameras. I went to pick Max up out of the stroller and Oh Gross he has had a blow out. I pick him up trying not to get it on me but now have to deal with the stroller by myself as they wouldn't let Mike come back through to help me. What a sight I must have been. Finally I get through, all I have to say is it is a good thing they didn't have to check me or I would have been putting a stinky diaper in their face. Mike and maggie went to the gate to save us some seats and I cleaned Max up head to toe. By the time I got to the gate I was sweating buckets. We got on the plane with no problems and took off. The kids were great on the plane.
| Picture of Max on his second plane ride- got so caught up in keeping him happy in the 1st on that we didn't get a picture. |
| Maggie playing with Max's toys |
We had a very quick stop in Phoenix never getting off the plane. I took Maggie back to the back to try and go to the bathroom. It was the port-o-potty experience all over again. There was no way she was going in that very small dark (the light doesn't come on till you lock the door) place. We swam our way back to the front of the plane and prepared for take off. We were finally on our way to Colorado.
I was counting the minutes till we got off as I was so tired of trying to keep the kids busy. It was pass lunch time and luckily I had packed sandwhiches for us as we were to get to Denver around 2ish. At 1:30 the captin gets on and tells us that we were in a holding pattern for the next 20mins. as there was sever weather in Denver and the Airport was shut down. Oh great! Ok we get Max to finally fall asleep and Maggie is looking tired too. After 20min we are told that we are headed to New Mexico to Albuquerque to refuel as they weren't sure when the airport was going to open up and we didn't have enough fuel to keep circling and then fly somewhere if it did open. You have got to be kidding me!! It is June people, not December. So we flew to Albuquerque about 50 minutes away fueled up I told Maggie what was going on and she broke down. She wanted to get off as much as I did. I got her to lay down on my lap and covered her up. She soon was fast asleep. We now had two sleeping kids maybe we could get some shut eye too, nope, Max woke up. Darn! We landed in Albuquerque and refuiled quickly, the line for the bathroom was so long, people didn't get a chance to even go before we were back in the air.
Maggie slept through it all, the landing, the take off and the flight only to wake about 15 min before we landed when Max was to the point that he was not going to be quiet anymore.
| Real men eating jerky |
He needed to get his Tarzan yell on. We broke out the beef jerky and let him have a big long piece. He was in heaven and gummed/sucked it to death.
We had several older passengers comment on how cute and good our kids were. They were very impressed. Six hours after getting on that plane we finally got off of it. Thank heaven, only to have to wait 20mins at the luggage rack for our car seats. So glad to be home and so glad our kids are so good.

No comments:
Post a Comment