Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family Prayer

I think it is hard for almost every family to get the kids together and quiet for family prayer. We are lucky that Maggie is a creature of habit and we have started this habit early enough in her life. Last night as we were reading family scriptures in her room she was busy playing with her dolls and stuffed animals. She was paying attention enough to ask questions about what we were reading and recite her verses so we didn't get after her. When we were done, it was time for family prayer. Little did we know that our family had grown by a number of members as Maggie had been busy putting all her stuffed animals and babies kneeling around the ottoman ready for family prayer. It was so cute I couldn't help but take a picture.
It has been so cute to listen to her say her prayers. She is getting to the point now that she doesn't want our help when she says them even when we quietly remind her of things like blessing the food. Mike and I have learned that we need to be careful about what we say and how often as it gets repeated by her. We love to hear her talk to Heavenly Father in her own way and the pureness of a child.

3 comments:

Danny and Nicole Larson said...

Maggie is a cutie! I love the sweetb moments like this!

Natalie said...

What a sweetheart! I subbed in nursery today and all the girls were being mommas to baby dolls while the boys played with the trucks. Needless to say, I can't imagine this scenario around our house. Boys are just different=) You certainly are doing a lot right with her. So cute.

Laine said...

I saw your little ticker at the bottom of your blog today and said a little prayer...Merry Christmas you guys....we love you!