Sunday, December 27, 2009

Friends and Hugs

My niece, Tabitha, has a little girl just a few months younger than Maggie, named Kristianna. They had lots of fun together this vacation. They played with all of Maggie's new toys and then it got quite at one point and the girls were missing. I found them in the toddler bed that Maggie uses at grandma’s house. They were snuggled in it together with the blankets up over both of them. They would pull the blanket up over their heads and then just laugh and laugh. I think Maggie was so happy just to have a little girl to play with as Mike’s family only has boys Maggie’s age. I guess I always new that my kids would grow up with my nieces and nephews kids. When it was time for Kristianna to go Maggie was sad and wanted to play more with her cousin. They gave each other hugs.

Maggie also got to visit with her little friend Shae while we were at Grandma Margarets. Maggie and Shae were born just weeks apart from each other. Shae’s mom, Donna Kay, is one of my oldest friends. See our mom’s are friends and we were born just a few months apart. We have known each other our whole lives. Donna Kay’s mom calls my mom mother Margaret. She has been a mother figure for her since before we were born. Donna Kay has always felt more like a cousin. We would go a visit my grandparents in Heber and she was my playmate everytime we went. When we moved there when I was in High School she was a good friend. Though we didn’t do much together in high school, different interests and friends. We were excited when we found out about Maggie and that she would be born around the same time Donnakay’s first child was due. I was at my mom’s house working on a baby quilt for Maggie when Donna kay stopped by big and pregnant. To our surpize we had choosen the same print for our babies baby quilts. We just laughed as we both had the same blanket growing up also. Kind of funny. Shae was born with a cleft lip and has had to go through a lot of surgeries and it is looking great. She is just the sweetest little girl. She has always had the biggest blue eyes I have ever seen. I felt a little sad at fist as here was my little girl who was perfect and Shae was born with problems, but I do know that each of these little miracles were born into the family that God had choosen for them and that they were both special in their own ways. It is so cute to see them play together. They were so cute when it was time for Shae to go, they gave each other hugs and then fell over which then made a game of it. Oh, the simple things that kids think are so fun.

No comments: