Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas.

We have all been excited to get ready for Christmas but no one as much as Maggie. First thing Saturday after Thanksgiving from the moment her feet hit the floor that morning it was let's put up the lights (on the house). All morning while we made breakfast and got ready for the day she wouldn't stop bugging us about doing it. It was a little cold but no snow. After a few hours of this we decided we better get to it or she would explode (or we would). It didn't take but 5 minutes before she was saying she was cold and wanted to go play inside. I made her stay out another 5 minutes and then put her inside while we finished with some help of my brother Rheid. After taking pictures of Mike and Rheid hanging up the lights I turned around to see Mags looking out the storm door and licking the glass.A priceless picture to share with her future boyfriends.

The next day it was the same story all over again about the tree. Over and over again "let's decorate the tree".
I think she had more fun in the tree box.


She did love putting the angel on top and the decorations.

Maggie would find her decorations for her little tree and get so excited. Mike's family has a tradition of getting the kids an ornament each year. We have kept this tradition as has his mom so being 3 maggie has 6 already. A friend of mine told me that she gets a little 2 foot tree for each of her kids and then puts THEIR ornaments on it in their room. They can play with them and touch them but only them. They weren't allowed to touch the ones on the big family tree. It worked great for her so we have tried it and sure enough Maggie has loved it the last two years. A few of her ornaments are "loved" too much and have been glued back together due to that love. This year she won't put it in her room for some reason but wants it down stairs (guess more time to look and play with it).
My family has always made a gingerbread house for christmas. Knowing that we wouldn't be around most of the month I decided not to do it. Then we got a invite from some friends to come to a party to decorate houses. I had to work so Mike took Mags and she had fun.

One of the biggest things to get ready for Christmas is getting gifts. We were trying hard to think of something for Maggie's birthmom Kelsey. Nothing ever seem good enough for the women who gave me the best gift in life. I decided that I would make a photobook of the last years pictures. It turned out so beautiful, I even shared it with a birthmom in the hospital who was placing her baby. I wanted to personalize it so on the back blank pages we outlined Maggie's hand and then she painted a picture. She thought this was so cool and was very excited to give it to Kelsey. She talked about her the whole time we made it. It was the perfect gift.

We are so grateful for the holidays and our family.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Our boys loved the tree box too. loved it almost to death. It now has a huge rip in it=) love the glass picture!