Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grandma Margaret's spring break

My mom came out to spend a week with us for spring break. She teaches piano lessons and the last two years has come out during the kids Spring Break. We are so lucky and Happy she could come. Maggie couldn't wait to go get her at the airport. I'm not sure if she was more excited for Grandma Margaret to come or to go to the airport to go on the escalators. I think it was a toss up. Once Grandma was here it has been play time, story time and fun. I wish I had a picture of them up in Maggie's room. (note to self get that before she goes). I came down to get dinner started and soon it was quiet up stairs and then Maggie came down. I asked her were Grandma was and she said she was sleeping in her bed. Maggie had been "reading" (telling her the stories from the pictures) to Grandma and she had fallen asleep. It was cute.

After dinner and Maggie was in bed, we started to work on a project my mom has been working on. She has been doing her dad's life history. She had it all typed up and needed me to help her scan pictures and stuff and put it together. Three days later we got it done. I learned a lot about my grandpa that I didn't know. I knew he was a chemist but I had no idea all the things he did with it. It was a great experience and I have a new respect for Grandpa J.

No comments: