We went on Maggie's first field trip for her preschool, Flutterbugs, and got to spend the day at the Denver Zoo.

Maggie's Flutterbug Class
Since Grandma was in town, she got to come along and we had a very nice day.

It was so fun to see Maggie interact with the kids in her class. She loves school and is one of the younger kids in the class so she is still figuring out the whole friend/school thing. She started out wanting to only ride in the stroller but by the end she was just one of the big kids.

She was so excited when two of the little girls in her class, Emma and Kia held hands with her as they walked around.

We are so glad to have Mrs. Smith for a friend and her teacher. She is so good with the kids and Maggie just love her "Mrs Sniff".

Mrs. Smith showing Maggie the Polar Bear.
It was a perfect spring day at the Zoo. Not too hot and not to cold. The only sad part was all the animals were enjoying the sun a little too much...Nap time even in the morning! The monkeys weren't even playful. Oh well, the kid's didn't care and had fun together.
After a picnic lunch and a little play time on the hippos, class was over and we headed to the Merry-Go-Round.

Maggie wanted to go on it so bad that she couldn't look at anything else till we did it. Maggie hasn't been on a Merry-G0-Round since she was like 20 months. She didn't really like it much and doesn't like to go very high or fast on the swing. I wasn't sure how she was going to do on this and after the Sting Ray and dragon movie I wasn't sure if she would trust me, but she wanted to go so badly so I said we would try it. As we were going to get on I told her that was kind of like some of the rides at Disneyland, so we could see how she do on it. I gave her the choice between the animals that stays still or the one that goes up and down. She wanted the one that went up and down. I put her high up on the Tiger.

She was very excited till it moved just a little and she grabbed hold of the bar as tight as she could. The Merry-Go-Round started up and Maggie grimaced like she was scared or unsure. All of the sudden she got the biggest smile on her face and she said, "I love this mom!!! I am so brave!" I was so proud of her and how brave she is getting.
After the Merry-go-Round Maggie got Grandma to go on the Train.


As we stood in line for the train we got to see a peacock. I wish I could have gotten a picture. A goose was squawking at the peacock and after a few minutes the peacock got board and opened up his tail feathers quickly intimidating the goose. Oh my, it has been a long time since I have seen one with it's feathers all out, and boy was it beautiful. I just love the colors they have. Such funny birds. We were in the back so you couldn't see the whole thing but Maggie thought it was cool too.
After the train we headed over to see the gorilla's and picked up something that screams childhood to me and I have a hard time resisting - Cotton Candy.

This was the first time Maggie had ever wanted any so instead of passing it by like a good girl, I had to get some. She loved it and secretly the little kid in me was ecstatic for a reason to buy some. I think that is just one of the perks about having a kid is being able to let the little kid in you out without feeling guilty.
We got a little extra exercise at the How far can you jump? station. I'm proud to say that I can jump 5 feet. I just have to be careful if I meet up with a skunk as it can jump just as far.

We ended our long day with a famous zoo ice cream cone and headed home tired and on a sugar high.


We love the zoo even if the animals were all sleeping. Maggie had such a great time she didn't want to leave and kept saying different animals she still needed to see. I had to remind her we had seen them already and really needed to get home. She fell asleep on the way home and when I went to get her out of the car she woke up and was mad that we weren't at the zoo still. I think we will be visiting the zoo many times this summer. If she had her way, it would be tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment