October 9th has come and still not baby. I had planned it for over a week past the due date so that the baby would be there. As an adoptive mom sometimes it is very hard to have a baby shower before the baby comes as in the back of your mind you are always wondering if it is really going to happen. I was talking to Chelly the days before and started talking about the shower. She was so excited that someone was doing it for me. The idea to invite her to come came into my mind so I put it out there saying at least he would be there. I wasn't sure what she would think. She said yes. It turned out to be such a wonderful day. Everyone was so nice to her and we had lots of fun. I made Chelly sit up with me and help open presents. Well really watch Maggie open presents.
It was such a sweet moment to share that time with her as I knew she wouldn't be having a baby shower. I am glad that the baby is late so that I could share it with her. Chalk up another plus for open adoption.
Here is some pictures for the party. Thanks Kristen, Lacy, and Lynette for the party. It was so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment