Thursday, October 21, 2010

Faceplant

I was just getting out of a nice hot shower when my sister comes in and says one of a mothers worst sentence.  "Maggie got hurt at school and they need you to come get her."   
  My sister had answered the call from Maggie's teacher who was calling to have me come get Maggie.  
I threw on some clothes and headed out the door with undone hair pulled back.  It was a 15+ min drive and I knew my sweet Maggie needed me.  As I walked in one of the teachers Mrs. Southam told me what had happened.  Maggie went running out to recess with all the other kidos and had somehow ended up face planted on the hard concrete just outside the door. It happened so fast she didn't even get her hands out to stop herself.  She was pretty upset but they had cleaned her up and loved her until I got there.  As I walked into the room I saw her sitting in the big recliner looking pathetic and sad with a big road rash of a sore on her nose.  She looked like she was dazed and then her eyes caught mine and I knew, she just needed her mommy.  I scooped her up and took her out and to the bathroom to take a better look. My always stubborn girl didn't want anything to do with me looking and examining it.  Mrs. Southam said they had checked her nose and teeth and everything looked ok so I didn't push it for now.  I gave her some loves and kisses and carried her out to the car. Once we got home we snuggled on the couch with brother.  Poor thing was exhausted after the whole thing.  It took a while and some man handling with the help of daddy to take a good look and check everything out for myself.  Looks like the nose and lip were the worst of it.  From what I was told I feel lucky that it was all she had.  
I am glad we got some good pictures of her and Max before this as now she doesn't want a camera anywhere close.  Guess we will put off family photos to the end of the month instead of next week.  


No comments: