Could it really be 4 years? How could my sweet little baby be 4 years old already? Some days I can't remember life without Maggie and other days it feels like she should still be a toddler. She is growing up so fast and I have so much still to teach her. Maggie was so excited when she woke up to see the castle and decorations (we don't decorate till she has gone to bed). She didn't even see her birthday present sitting in the family room. Her Cake turned out awesome I must say with baby dragons all over. Dragons are a theme for her this year. She had to have the birthday hat on as soon as she saw them.
For breakfast she wanted Pampcakes (pancakes). Mike being the cool dad he is, made her shapes and numbers and a letter "M" She thought this was awesome! After breakfast she noticed the presents in the family room. Could it be.... A big girl Bike?!!!! Sqweels of joy came out. She has wanted one all summer. I couldn't help but get a fun girlly princess one with all the bells and whistles. She was excited that was for sure. Kelsey helped her get going while snapped shots. Maggie had a blast all day riding the bike around the house. We wanted her to feel comfortable on it before we took it outside never to return indoors again.
She got good at it very fast even managing the hard turn in the kitchen. Maggie got to go have fun at Pre-School and then when she returned her little friends came over for some fun and games.
Maggie was very excited to open presents after the games. So were the other kids. With every gift they got closer and closer and closer to the point I was claustrophobic and had to ask them to back up to give Maggie some room. By far her favorite one was the unicorn pillow pet Aunt Carolyn and family gave her. We all knew Maggie wanted one and Carolyn beat me to the punch.
| This was spontaneous loving of the pillow pet. |
After presents it was time for CAKE!
Kelsey and I had worked to the wee hours of the morning thanks to the sugar rush. It was so fun to spend time with her doing this for Maggie.
It is sad that you work hours on a cake only to have it demolished in minutes. The kids loved it though and most of all Maggie got her dragon castle cake and was very happy!
| Miranda |
| Xander |
| Madison |
| Emily |
| Katie Jo |
| Cassid |
Chelly came up for Maggie's party and her and Kelsey got to meet each other. It was very cool to have them sitting on my couch just taking.
Later that evening Rheid and Sherri came over and Maggie got to open more presents.
Can we say Spoiled!!!!
| Hat and Shirt from Birth Grandpa Roy. Got to love the pink camo. |
| Uncel Rheid shows off what Grandma Margaret sent: a new quiet book for Chruch. |
We ended the night with some loud crazy games of Hungry Hungry Hippo that Rheid and Sherri had given Maggie. It was as fun as I remember as a kid.
Chelly brought the kids matching dragon/dino slippers. Here she us showing off Max's.
Thank heaven Mom and Dad remembered the safety pads. I love the fact that Maggie thought they were cool and kept putting them on herself. She was so funny how she liked her hat on backwards with the pads on. She looks like a skater girl!
I feel so blessed. After a long day I was hanging on the couch just watching Kelsey and Chelly play with the kids and talking. My heart was so full at that moment. I am so blessed to have these amazing women in my life. It was so fun to share these times with them. Maggie had a great day, was spoiled beyond belief, and went to bed a very happy little girl. I would do it all again just to see her smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment