After some fun and playing we headed to the hospital where Sherri was hanging out getting a clean out for her CF. We brought Chinese food and had a little picnic in the foyer of the hospital.We were so hungry by the time we got there that I didn't even think to take a picture. When we were through, Chelly started counting the contractions. They were coming everything 2-9 minutes. So we decided to hang out with Sherri for a little longer to see if we needed to head to Chelly's hospital. We laughed and joked and gave the security guard at the front desk some good chuckles I'm sure. Maggie started asking questions about the baby like "how is he in our tummy". I picked her up and scrunched her up like if she were in my tummy. Then I realized she needed to be upside down to be accurate so I flipped her around. We then started to get silly and I told Chelly I was going to show her how to have a baby and pretended I was having Maggie. I started pushing and pushed Maggie out and down between my legs, then hugged her calling her my baby. Oh how funny she thought that was and wanted to do it over and over again. I had Chelly in stitches. I had Maggie go and talk to Chelly's belly and tell the baby to watch and learn how to get out. I think I "gave birth" to a 32lb kid about 15 times that night. After a few times I had Carolyn video it. It was a lot funnier the first few times.
The nickel joke is from a book Maggie got from the library that was about a baby that didn't want to come out so the brother offered the baby a nickel. We laugh and joke all the time that we will have to offer this baby a lot more due to inflation.
By 10:30 pm the contractions slowed and the doctor told Chelly to go home and take a hot shower. So we all headed home hoping we would only have to turn around that night to have Chelly show us how to push a baby out. Well, we are still waiting.

No comments:
Post a Comment